Wallter is a leading fintech company that serves business clients and has offices in Lithuania and Romania. We’re currently looking for an experienced and motivated Compliance (KYC) Specialist to join our fast-growing team in the Romanian office. This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of our exciting journey. Join us and contribute your expertise to our top-notch electronic money institution.
General Job Description
Know Your Customer (KYC) Compliance Specialist is responsible for conducting Wallter’s merchants/individuals onboarding new customers, and customer due diligence for existing customers supporting the company AML Compliance program.
- The process includes performing KYC research and sanction-related checks, reviewing customer documentation, supporting the identification process, PEP screening, and documentation processes. Junior KYC Compliance Specialists are members of our KYC team, reporting to the KYC lead, and work closely with the CCO, MLRO our CRM, and Business teams.
- The junior KYC Compliance Specialist is responsible for following established guidelines and identifying and resolving problems. KYC Compliance Specialist is expected to use some independence of thought but to refer more complex problems to supervisors or other experts. He/she is expected to form a strong basic understanding of the customer onboarding, KYC, and maintenance.
- Review onboarding packages (customer application) as per Wallter onboarding procedures.
- Perform ongoing due diligence as per Wallter KYC procedures.
- Distribute workload within the team.
- Prepare performance report.
- Support Monitoring team.
- Train new employees.
- Support new projects.
- Support P&Ps updates.
- Experience working in a professional environment (preferably at financial institutions).
- Strong research and analytical skills with exacting attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Computer savvy.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken).