Wallter, a top player in the fintech world, is an Electronic Money Institution (EMI) that caters to business clients and operates offices in Lithuania and Romania. We’re currently on the lookout for a skilled and enthusiastic Monitoring Specialist to become a part of our fast-growing team. If you’re experienced and motivated, this is your chance to join us in the Romanian office in Bucharest and be a part of our exciting journey.
General Job Description
Monitoring Specialist monitors live transaction activity performed by Wallter customers and identifies patterns and trends associated with money laundering and any other potential risks related to Wallter.
- Collect and document data, including KYC information, relevant account, and transaction data, information from public sources, plus any other additional information to assist in the investigation of trends.
- Review and analyze underlying data gathered to assess reasonable cause to advance an alert to Investigation or to clear it. Escalate issues to senior Compliance team members for final decision-making.
- Disposition and fully document all alerts, including supporting data, analysis, and rationale within the case management system in a timely manner.
- Maintain an up-to-date understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including, but not limited to, internal policies and procedures, regulations, industry best practices, criminal typologies, and developing trends.
- Assist and support AML compliance team members in order to ensure compliance requirements are being met, and proactively foster a Compliance culture.
- Participate in the development of goals and execution of strategies within the function or department.
Monthly/ Weekly Responsibilities
- Review transaction alerts as per Wallter monitoring procedures.
- Identify new patterns and adapt the monitoring process accordingly.
Ad Hoc Duties
- Distribute workload within the team.
- Prepare performance report.
- Support the KYC team.
- Train new employees.
- Support new projects.
- Exceptional research and analytical skills with the ability to analyze large amounts of data using MS Excel and other tools to decipher higher risk attributes (transactional, geographical, product, customer type, etc.), and disposition appropriately.
- Strong documentation and organizational skills to clearly and accurately articulate alert disposition.
- Technically adept, and able to use multiple operating systems for monitoring transactions and other data.
- A general understanding of AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, KYC issues, and analytical tools is helpful.
- Comfortable with completing repetitive tasks for long periods of time.
- Capable of using the Internet for research and problem-solving.
- Fluent in English both verbally and in writing.